Monday, April 5, 2010

The Goddamn Dukies Won, But I Don't Have To Listen To Clark Kellogg Anymore

With 13.6 seconds left, I found myself, alone, shivering a little bit (and not because I don't heat my apartment; it's warm outside now) and thinking 'ok, this is it, score a basket.' Hayward's toss-up at the end reminded me of watching Lost, because you really think you're about to get what you want, but you know that it's not going to happen. Turning the channel to cagefighting as the buzzer sounded saved me from oodles of white boys acting like things haven't been pretty darn good all along.

But I am so happy that I am not listening to Clark Kellogg anymore. Who's idea was that? I saw Clark lose to Obama in POTUS (luckily Obama makes for reasonably entertaining television) but I think at one point he referred to one of the myriad layups Butler missed in the first half as an easy shot, "except that he was off-balance."

No comments:

Post a Comment